Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:06 — 74.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
The LGBTQ+ community is still heavily underserved by financial advisors. Are you aware of LGBTQ+ clients’ unique planning needs and how to create a safe environment for different identities?
Today, Matt speaks with Michelle Waymire of Young & Scrappy, a financial advisor and financial coach who serves young folx and the LGBTQ+ community. Michelle shares how advisors can respectfully ask clients how they identify, what conversations to have with LGBTQ+ clients before you start planning, and what marketing strategies she uses to attract this niche.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why Michelle chose to serve young people and the LGBTQ+ community
- How working with the LGBTQ+ community differs from serving other niches
- Ways to make your advisor website more inclusive
- How Michelle stays profitable while working with young people
- Questions to ask LGBTQ+ clients before you start the planning work
- Michelle’s routine for planning Instagram content that is consistent, themed, and relevant
- The importance of understanding gender pronouns and how to ask a prospect which pronouns they use
- And more!
Tune in now to hear Michelle’s marketing strategies for serving the LGBTQ+ community and young people!
Top Advisor Marketing | Young & Scrappy | Michelle Waymire on Instagram | The Young Scrappy Money Podcast | Unsplash | Pexels | LGBTQ+ terms and definitions | A Guide to Being an Ally to Transgender and Nonbinary Youth| Inclusive Services for LGBT Older Adults: A Practical Guide to Creating Welcoming Agencies | A Guide to Gender Pronouns | Questionable Questions About Transgender Identity
Brought to you by: iris.xyz